It is often said that illnesses come from the mouth, but as fitness exercises become more common, more often they come from hands. Doing exercises in the fitness room may cause health risks if you do not pay attention to cleanliness and hygiene, because the fitness room is full of bacteria and may be infected with skin diseases or other bad bacteria.
When you go to the gym every time you exercise, do you do the following things? For example, wash your hands before and after using the fitness equipment, use an antibacterial soap shower or just wipe your body with your own towel after exercise.
There was a study that took bacterial samples from 27 pieces of fitness equipment. It was found that the number of bacteria per 2.5 square centimeters on each piece of equipment exceeded 1 million! In addition to the extremely high number of bacteria on exercise bikes, the number of bacteria on free weight fitness equipment such as barbells and dumbbells is 362 times higher than that on toilet boards.
These bacteria must not be ignored. For example, those with poor resistance are likely to cause diseases such as pneumonia, sepsis and skin infections. If you go to the fitness room and exercise, if your hands grow blisters or meat particles, don't tear them, because this will speed up the infection of bacteria. Microbiology emphasizes that if the disinfection process is not done enough, it will become a breeding ground for bacteria. Such as norovirus can cause stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea.
If you want to exercise in the gym with peace of mind, you can take preventive measures.
1. Wash hands thoroughly before and after fitness.
3. Don't touch your mouth, eyes and nostrils with your hands during exercise, because mucosal cells are particularly susceptible to harmful bacteria.
4. When wiping sweat, try to use a private towel.
5. When taking a shower after fitness, don't walk around in the bathroom barefoot, and wear slippers.
6. When using fitness equipment, try not to let your skin directly touch the seat. You can put a clean towel on the seat or wear pants.
7. If you are sick, try not to go to the gym as much as possible, because the resistance is poor and it is easy to be infected with bad bacteria.